. . .

Friday, August 26, 2011

Quinny Strollers

Poppy Lou

I watched a cute baby and his grandad strolling along the street today.  It was such a cute scene, the baby was cute, the grandpa was doting...  but something caught my eye.





The stroller's name was "Quinny".  I immediately recognised it from "Elizabeth" (or was it "Elizabeth - The Golden Age" - I can't remember).  Anyway, the term is a euphemism for the female genitalia.  Dating back to Elizabethan times, hence the word appearing in the film "Elizabeth".

I tried unsuccessfully to stop laughing out loud.  Then I stopped trying and just went with it.  Apparently the word is sooo Elizabethan era that it's a cute, sweet and altogether wholesome word again.

I hate to think what strollers will be called in 3010.



2 comments:

  1. yeah, that's funny to think what terms will they use for the next generation products. is the carrier removable and can face forward?

    Marms

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mommy's Bright Bundles - I didn't notice, I was laughing too hard!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ! :-)