. . .

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why Edible Underwear is a Bad Idea

Disclaimer: although pretty tame, if you are under 18 or easily offended, this is not for you.


I was watching a comedian on TV talking about edible underwear and the concept has floated in my mind for days.

The first question I would ask is "why"?

The second thing that really started to bother me was the "material" from which they are made.  This comedian mentioned the stuff that edible underpants are made from and it's been giving me nightmares.

So it's a sticky, sugary, fruity sheet type thing.  Designed for.. well actually, I don't really want to think about what they are for.  Use your imagination.  Or don't.  Preferably don't.

The thing that bothers me the most is that you are supposed to wear these things as underwear.  I don't want to go into too much detail but there are two problems with this.

1.  It's warm down there.

2.  Hair

Now if you get someone who is over enthusiastic and tries to take these things off quickly...

Well, only a qualified beautician should be allowed to do that.  Under strict, clinical conditions using the proper utensils.


It baffles me how shoving a couple of fruit rollups down your dacks is somehow deemed to be alluring to the opposite sex.

Each to his/her own I suppose.

In any case, if you do ever buy/use/eat?!!?! these things, exercise extreme caution, lest you experience an instant Brazilian.






9 comments:

  1. Ooooh yuck - I agree with you utterly!

    Even the suggestion of edible undies immediately makes me cringe - how is that 'sexy' in any capacity?

    CLEAN undies, on the other hand, washed and put away by a partner who cares and loves you and does other stuff to help around the house and show their respect... now that's sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kath - I concur! Laundered is the new sexy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I have never thought about what they would be made of. Icky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the kind of product that sells not for it's usefulness, but because the idea sounds good at the time.

    Or you change into them very quickly just after a shower only to have them eaten very quickly afterwards. The hair should be removed beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, you had me laughing so hard. I am with you, why would you want to take an equivalent of a fruit rollup and put it down there. I am always amazed at the things they come up with. I am pretty sure a man invented this product because if a woman did, she would have thought twice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How to be sexist and claim a man did it just because of the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to be sexist just because of the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interestingly, two men invented edible underwear. They are life partners David Sanderson and Lee Brady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wash, shave and prepare to be eaten. mmmmmmmmmm so sexy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ! :-)