. . .

Friday, May 21, 2010

Crazy Hairstyles #2 - Jedward

I had the underwhelming misfortune of encountering "Jedward" on The Graham Norton show. Did you know, they are called "John" and "Edward" and that the name "Jedward" is a merging of the two names?

Isn't that amazing? Did you also know that a big "L" on your head stands for loser? No? Read on...

I wasn't quite sure what I was seeing. What a strange pair. They are incredibly irritating when they talk. Which is quite often.

I could go as far as to call them precocious twats, but that's just me being nice.

It's really the hair that makes them stand out.
















However it has been done before:




















Even Vanilla Ice did it before you.















Hey wow. That's the first time I've accused Vanilla Ice of being first. Or original. Eeek!!


So now high hair is back. And it can go a little bit too far sometimes:




















I thought this sort of thing stopped in the 80s. The ozone layer. Remember? Did you know that Bon Jovi single-handedly destroyed a 40 metre hole over a New Jersey stadium just from the sprays used in their dressing rooms!

Really? Well, no.

And yes, hairsprays are made from hydrocarbons now, not chlorofluorocarbon. But it's the principle that counts.

I mean, for example, how much do you think Lady Gaga consumes in hair products per week?

Think about it...





4 comments:

  1. You can never be too rich or too thin or have too much blue hair - Marge S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anonymous - Loved your comment!! Best of the month so far!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love big hair. It makes me feel like more of a man... Also makes me wonder what else I can do for compensation... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dr. Heckle - Damn!! The comments this month are good! Loved your blog...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ! :-)