. . .

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

New Social Networking Site

I have been overwhelmed lately with social networking. I Twitter until my hands fall off, Entrecard until I go cross-eyed and scour the halls of BlogCatalog like a hungry wolf...

I have discovered a new concept that I would not have thought about before - a social networking site called acobay based on common interests and "stuff".

It's so simple, dang it! I actually wish I had thought of it first. So I had to join up and see what it was all about.

























The concept is actually pretty simple - you connect with people with whom you share interests or stuff - for example, let's say you are an Apple Mac enthusiast. You go to Computers-Apple and check out all the different Macs. You can either pick the one that you own, thus connecting you with other users of the same model, or you can add it to your wish list and discuss it with people who already own this model.

As soon as I joined, loaded up my avatar and set my profile (it's "LJP" by the way) - and went straight to my favourite category - Automobiles. I will be buying a car very soon but I am still shopping around for the right model. I found what is in my opinion to be the best car in the world - a Chevrolet Impala.

Yes, I did get the idea from watching too many episodes of "Supernatural" but it is the coolest car in the world. So I added it to my wish list:
















I am a big believer in the law of attraction. Wish lists and watch lists and things of this nature tend to energise the decision that you will own this object. I can see myself spending a lot of time on this site...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ! :-)