. . .

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Vegie Food

I discovered this cookbook at Borders for around $20.


This is definitely the best cookbook I have ever bought. The recipes are simple, easy to follow and elegant. This is not an "I'm on a diet" cookbook which is refreshing. I am often annoyed that some authors think a vegetarian cookbook is for dieters only. I also can't stand the "vegie side dish" cookbooks. Aaargh!!

This cookbook is the perfect shape and size to prop up on your table or bench for inspiration. The first recipe from this book was a chickpea/spinach soup with paprika. The prepared meal looked exactly the same as the photo in the book and tasted better than I could have imagined.

I liked it so much I didn't want to eat it.

The book contains 200 recipes ranging from hearty feta pie to green curry and asian mushroom pilaf. The stuffed mushrooms look delicious, the laksa is mouthwatering and the instructions are simple.

Next on the menu, LAKSA!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ! :-)